Wednesday, April 29, 2009

RARE SHOES RARE SHOES are Funky!

Click on each picture to see a quality enlargement.
I had to share these with you for in all my years
of collecting, I've never come across anything
like these. I only seen shoes like these
at the museum. They are tiny and narrow and
I wonder who wore them over one hundred years ago.









Highly collectible antique museum quality
shoes form as early as the mid 1800's.
Look at the "witches' shoe, or bridal shoe,
high quality silk and glass beads with a
lovely star on each toe.
These are one of my personal favorites.

They are so well made that they are really works of art.
The leather soles, the tiny nails, the softness of the
leather, I have never felt any as soft as some
of these shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photos by C. Reinke HAUNTED HOUSE